Want to do some canning without heating up the house or using extra energy through the stove? Well then try this idea of Using the Turkey Fryer for canning
- To start make sure you position the fryer in a safe location. There should be no low hanging branches and it should be out of the wind. Fill the fryer half full with warm water. Light the fryer and adjust the flame to low and temp to 200 degrees.
- Place the jars in the basket and lower the basket into the water for preheating. If you do not have a basket then simply sit the jars on top of the poultry holder they should not touch the bottom. The jars should be covered by 1 to 2 inches of the water.
- Prepare the food to be canned. Remove jars and fill remember to live head space.
- Check water be sure it has reached a full boil and move jars into the canner with jar lifter. Grasp jar just below the band lid and grip handles tight. Be sure jars stay up right. You can use basket for this step if available.
- If needed you can pour more water in fryer to ensure jars are all covered. Place lid on fryer and wait for water to boil.
- Start timing the food once the water is reboiling. Keep the lid on and leave jars in fryer for the amount of time recommended.
- Extinguish the flame Remove the lid and allow the jars to sit in hot water for about 5 more minutes
- Remove jars be careful not to tilt jars. Cool on dry towel
- Cool 24 hours and check seal
hope this helps you I found this great information at eHow.com